Last updated: 01 Nov 2019
1. These terms and conditions tell you about the legal terms and conditions which apply to your purchase and use of physical and digital Ann’s Cottage gift cards.
2. These gift card terms apply to pounds sterling gift cards purchased online through the Ann’s Cottage UK website (www.annscottage.com) as well as gift cards purchased at a stand-alone physical Ann’s Cottage branded stores.
3. Ann’s Cottage reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions of our Ann’s Cottage gift cards at any time. This does not affect your legal rights. Use of your Ann’s Cottage gift card constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions and we therefore recommend you read them carefully. It is your responsibility to check these gift card terms from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes which may have been made. Ann’s Cottage gift cards remain the property of Ann’s Cottage who maintains the right to cancel the card in its sole discretion in situations where it is deemed necessary to do so (such as to comply with applicable laws or as a result of circumstances beyond its control).
4. The gift card balance cannot be exchanged for cash or redeemed against the purchase of another card.
6. Your Ann’s Cottage gift card is valid for a period of 18 months from the date of activation (which for in-store shall be the date of the gift-card purchase, and for online, the date of dispatch of your order) following which they expire automatically. A gift card cannot be used after the expiry date and any remaining balance will be removed and the card will become invalid and no longer available for use. We have no obligation to remind or inform you of a gift card’s expiry and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that any balance is used in full prior to expiry.
7. A Gift Card expires automatically once its balance has been exhausted. A Gift Card may be topped up with additional funds provided the gift card is still valid and has not yet expired.
8. Gift Cards may be used to pay for the whole or any part of an in-store purchase or online order.
9. Only one gift card may be used per online order. In-store, there is no limit on the number of gift cards that may be used in one transaction.
Lost/ Stolen/ Damaged
10. You are solely responsible for the safe keeping and security of your gift card following delivery. In cases where your Ann’s Cottage gift card is lost or stolen, Ann’s Cottage is unable to replace or reimburse the remaining balance on a card. Ann’s Cottage cannot be held responsible for the any balance lost on a Ann’s Cottage gift card as a result of theft or fraud.
11. Should your Ann’s Cottage gift card become damaged, Ann’s Cottage will be able to replace the card providing you still have the card in your possession and the necessary details can be obtained.
Crediting an Ann’s Cottage gift card
12. Please retain an expired gift card should you wish to return your purchase. Any goods paid for using a gift card that are subsequently returned for a refund will be credited to the original gift card or in the event that you have discarded or misplaced your original card, issued on a new Ann’s Cottage gift card. For returns where part payment was taken from a gift card, the refund will be credited to your gift card in the first instance.
13. If a partial refund is made for any purchase using a Ann’s Cottage gift card and another method of payment, then any refund amount owing will be credited to the Ann’s Cottage gift card in the first instance.
14. If the total to be refunded is more than originally paid by Ann’s Cottage gift card, then any remaining refund balance will be refunded to the other method of payment used by you (i.e. debit/credit card or cash).
Governing Law and jurisdiction
15. These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.